Tuesday, December 29, 2009

THANK GOD FOR OUR BLESSINGS

Well I guess most of you have heard about the bad car accident my brother was involved in a couple of weekends ago. If not, here is the short of it....He and several of his friends were on their way home from Hooters when they had the wreck. The driver lost control and the truck spun and hit a tree. Chase was in the back seat of the extended cab truck where the tree hit. If Chase would have been a couple inches to the right, he wouldn't be with us right now! The tree hit Chase on his right side, he suffered from a very bad concusion, five broken ribs, a lacerated liver, punctured lung, and bruised bladder. He doesn't remember anything about the wreck, he didn't wake up until he was in the ER, I believe that is God's way of protecting him from having to relive that terrible night! Mom called me around 4 that morning to tell me to come to the ER, my heart sank to my feet immediately. The feeling of losing my brother was one of the worst feelings I have ever experienced. Being so close to losing someone whom you love so much can be a real eye opener of how fast life can be taken from us. Luckily Chase survived this accident and is at home on bed rest now. He still has a very long recovery ahead of him, but thank God he will be okay! If you don't tell your family or loved ones that you love them very often, you need to. God gives us each day as a gift and we need to embrace it and live it to the fullest. I hope each of you have had a wonderful holiday season and were able to enjoy it with family and friends! Please continue to remember Chase and my parents in your prayers!

Lots of Love,
Regs :)

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad to hear that Chase id feeling somewhat better. Hopefully he will make a speedy recovery. We often take for granted that we will have our loved ones with us and unfortunately that's not always the case. When you sit and think about how close you came to losing someone, it's scary. There's a lot of what if's but thank the Lord that he came away alive. I for one am guilty of not telling the ones I love how much they mean to me everyday and it's things like this that make you realize how lucky you are to have them. So I want you all to know how much you mean to us and we love ya'll very much.
    God's Blessings
    Kala

    ReplyDelete